Cruz Associates, Inc. serves a wide range of Department of Defense customers. New opportunities to contribute to significant missions and projects arise every day.
Become a part of the Cruz Associates family. Cruz Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
Not finding a specific job opening, but interested in becoming a part of Cruz Associates, Inc.? Click on: Careers at Cruz to be placed in our database and considered for future employment opportunities.
Indian Head, Maryland
Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA currently collecting resumes and is looking for qualified candidates for Ordnance Workers. The job location is at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Indian Head, MD. Interested applicants should apply by clicking the following link: Ordnance Worker and completing the online application and uploading their resumes.
Scope of Performance: Ordnance Workers will work in all explosive and chemical processing areas as determined by management or COR. Ordnance Workers shall be subject to physical examinations and certification requirements.
Tasks may include:
- Assisting in the weighing and transport of energetic materials.
- Support of explosives loading operations.
- Assembly, disassembly, radio-graphic inspection and packaging and marking of inert and explosive-loaded ordnance items.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to gain Secret Clearance (must be a US citizen).
- Ability to pass Explosives Handler physical and Respirator Fit Test.
- Ability to pass Ammo-18 class (1-day course).
- Sound technical and magazine skills.
Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA has an open position and is looking for qualified candidates for a Quality Control Inspector. The job location is at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Indian Head, MD. Interested applicants should apply by clicking the following link: Quality Control Inspector, completing the online application and uploading their resumes.
Scope of Performance: Quality Control Inspector to support the manufacturing of US Navy munitions. Scope includes: Inspection and quality check of parts and materials used in the production of energetics.
- Utilize many types of precision instruments and equipment such as Vernier calipers, squares, protractors, micrometers, vee blocks, parallel bars, dial indicators, comparators, different gages for accurate dimensions and tolerances.
- Use of electronic inspection equipment for imperfections or defects.
- Ability to read blue prints and drawings to check specifications of parts or material.
- Inspection of finishes on various metals and other materials such as aluminum, brass, bronze, high carbon and alloy steels, chrome, nickel, titanium, molybdenum, super alloys, nylon, rubber, plastics, Teflon, etc.
- Inspect or reject parts from a close set of qualifications and drawings.
Education and Experience – Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to gain/maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Sound technical skills.
- Sufficient knowledge of quality inspection/control.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 75lbs).
Joint Base Langley Eustis (JBLE), Virginia
K-Cruz of Yorktown, VA (www.cruzinc.us) is looking for qualified candidates for an Aircraft Integration Support position. The job location is Joint Base Langley Eustis (JBLE), Virginia in support of the Technology Applications Program Office (TAPO). Interested applicants should apply at the following link: Aircraft Integration Support and submit their application and resume.
Scope: Provide subject matter support services for the highly complex MH-47G special operations aircraft (SOA) being procured/upgraded and fielded by the TAPO. Successful performance requires extensive knowledge of the aircraft level qualification requirements and ability to interface effectively with aircraft subsystems and systems developers and airworthiness qualification engineers.
- Provides expert level technical, analytical, and program management support for MH-47 helicopter upgrade programs and service life extension programs.
- Establishes and tracks metrics as they relate to cost, schedule and performance.
- Interprets, refines and integrates user requirements as they relate to the development process.
- Assists in all technical reviews associated with MH-47G integration efforts.
- Independently estimates and evaluates cost and schedule and monitors vendor compliance with stated requirements.
- Independently identifies potential risks and suggests appropriate courses of action should technical issues arise or user requirements change.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years experience working in military aviation is required.
- Minimum 10 years experience working in acquisition (supporting definition, development, qualification, and fielding of equipment).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an aviation program management office is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is highly desired.
- Master’s degree in management or technical field is desired.
- Secret or Interim Secret security clearance is required.
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA has an open position for a Mechanical Engineer. The job location is at Fort Campbell, KY in support of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR). Interested applicants can apply by clicking the following link: Mechanical Engineer, uploading their resumes and completing the application.
Scope: The mechanical engineer shall provide mechanical modeling, design, analysis, and drafting support to develop aviation systems Technical Data Packages (TDPs) suitable for prototyping and production. Design and drawings packages shall substantiate, as necessary, the considered design to be in compliance with the original Prime Item Development Specifications (PIDS), applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, and/or identified airworthiness requirements for the particular aircraft platform. Modeling shall include 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, and finite element. The analyses shall include structural, vibrational, load path, fatigue, and Resonance Assessment Profiles (RAP). This work may be conducted independently or as a member of a larger design team of designers and engineers.
- Design aircraft structures and/or equipment mounting and support structures.
- Develop 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, and/or finite element models as required.
- Conduct structural, vibrational, load path, fatigue, and RAP analyses.
- Develop drawing packages in sufficient detail to produce productionized TDPs.
- Develops stress/test reports for multiple aircraft projects.
- Confirms system and product specifications by designing feasibility and testing methods
- Conduct test plan reviews.
- Ensures system and product quality by evaluating testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, installation processes, and instrumentation.
- Perform engineering design evaluations.
- Identifies and assists with documentation of functional requirements for assigned projects.
- Conducts research for system-related information as directed.
- Apply both classical analysis and finite element analysis software tools.
- Conduct fatigue analyses and make finite/infinite life assessments.
- Identify potential risks and appropriate courses of action should technical issues arise, or user requirements change.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in design reviews, technical meetings, and briefings.
- Interface with other engineering activities such as the Technology Application Program Office (TAPO) engineers, Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED), Aviation Integration Directorate (AID), Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA), Boeing, Sikorsky, etc. on mechanical design considerations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 8 years’ experience as an engineer.
- Secret or Interim Secret security clearance is acceptable to start, must be able to obtain Top Secret or Interim Top Secret security clearance once hired.
- Current on computer aided software design systems. (i.e. Auto Desk Inventor, CATIA).
Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA (www.cruzinc.us) has an open position for a MH-60 Acquisition and Integration Analyst, Non-rated Crewmember (NRCM). The job location is at Fort Campbell, Kentucky in support of the Systems Integration and Management Office (SIMO). Interested applicants should apply at the following link: MH-60 Acquisition and Integration Analyst NRCM and submit their application and resume.
Scope of Position: Provide subject matter expertise for the MH-60 platform. Knowledge of the aircraft level sustainment, logistics, airworthiness requirements, and capable of interfacing effectively with operational unit personnel, aircraft subsystems and systems developers and airworthiness qualification engineers.
- Provide technical, analytical, and project management support for SOA MH-60 aircraft.
- Interpret and refine user requirements.
- Develops concise and accurate performance specifications and procurement documents.
- Estimate and evaluate cost and schedule, and monitors compliance with stated requirements.
- Recommend to Government Cell Lead appropriate courses of action should technical problems arise, or user requirements change.
- Perform Non-Rated crewmember duties to include flight duties as well as perform Aviation Unit level Maintenance (AVUM) tasks in support of engineering/evaluation flight tests of systems and subsystems in support of MH-60 projects and programs.
- Comply with all flight regulations, rules, and standards IAW latest version of DCMA INST 8210-1, AR 95-1, USASOC Sup 1 to AR 95-1, FM 3-04.11, 160th RTSOP, and applicable ARSOA series Aircrew Training Manual.
- Perform routine clerical, administrative, and logistics tasks as required in support of the SIMO.
Education and Experience-Required:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with military rotary wing aircraft.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience performing professional aviation related development tasks.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with current aircraft and aircraft related technical systems development, architecture and integration.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in military logistics.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in development of systems design and applications.
- Shall be or previously been a qualified as a UH-60 or MH-60 Crew Chief.
- Minimum flight hours:
- Total Time 1500 hours as NRCM on rotary wing aircraft
- 500 hours as NRCM on UH-60 or MH-60
- 100 hours Night Vision Goggle
- Experience as an MH-60 DAP NRCM is highly desirable.
- Possesses a Secret or Interim Secret security clearance.
Rock Island, Illinois
Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA (www.cruzinc.us) has a position open and is looking for qualified candidates for a Machine Operator/Machinist Technician. The job location is on the US Army Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL. Interested applicants should apply by clicking the following link: Machinist Technician / Machine Operator, completing the online application and uploading their resumes.
Scope of Performance: Qualified machine operators/machinist technicians to support the manufacturing of US Navy munitions. Scope includes: operating hydraulic presses and other manufacturing equipment and maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment and sub-systems.
- Well versed in inspecting techniques from using a caliber and micrometer to using an optical comparator to using the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Knowledge in micro and macro hardness testing, running mechanical tests (tensile)
- Knowledge in eddy current and arc spark testing
- Set up and operate most types of conventional and computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools such as lathes, vertical and horizontal boring mills; bench, milling machines; shapers; planers; grinders; thread cutters and drills
- Utilize many types of precision instruments and equipment such as vernier calipers, squares, protractors, micrometers, vee blocks, parallel bars, dial indicators, comparators, different gages for accurate dimensions and tolerances
- Plan and lay out work from blueprints, work sheets, and drawings that may have missing or incorrect information
- Have skill in programming machining operations, setting up, and operating CNC machine tools
Education and Experience – Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to gain/maintain a Secret Clearance
- Sound technical skills
- Sufficient knowledge of mathematics
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 75lbs)
Cruz Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer.